My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
 

Post 679
White, white everywhere...


Happy Velentines Day Everyone!
Here's hoping all your Valentines are happy ones... *S*

Well, this is what I sent my wife at work, for Velentines Day. What do you think???

Yeah, there's still a LOT of snow everywhere. 22 inches will be that way for a bit. The good news is, it's supposed to get warmer all week, so maybe we'll melt some of it.

Well, the UCONN Men won Saturday night, but lost last night in a hurribly officiated game. I swear, someone's going to get hurt soon in the Big East Conference. They're letting all kinds of hard fouls go uncalled.

Good grief... our Vice President SHOT another hunter, then there was/is a media fiasco over them trying to cover it up, or not. Who knows.... but you have to be a pretty poor hunter to shoot a 79 year old man.

And now, for a funny:
Late Note, the following was sent to me by my dear friend, michelle!

The Best "Out of Office" automatic email replies. Try a few yourself:

1. I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail
to get the position. If I give a crap when I return, you'll be the first one
I'll give it to.

2. You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the
office. If I was in, chances are good you wouldn't have received anything at all. You're welcome.

3. I will be unable to delete all the unread, worthless e-mails you send
me until I return from holiday on 4 April. Please be patient and your e-mail
will be deleted in the order it was received.

4. Thank you for your e-mail. Your credit card has been charged $5.99 for
the first ten words and $1.99 for each additional word in your message.

5. The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and is
unable to deliver this message. Please restart your computer and try
sending again. (The beauty of this is that when you return, you can see
how many in-duh-viduals did this over and over).

6. Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing system..
You are currently in 352nd place, and can expect to receive a reply in
approximately 19 weeks.

7. I've run away to join a different circus.

8. I will be out of the office for the next 2 weeks for medical reasons.
When I return, please refer to me as 'Margaret' instead of 'Steve.'


On to the news:

Hey Bubba, it's a shark feeding frenzy, lets go stand in the middle of it. Hilarity ensues

Dentist caught trading oxycodone prescriptions for oral sex, billed to insurance as "tooth-whitening treatment"

Rejected (hilarious) Velentines Day Cards!

And today's headline of the day:
Howard Dean says Cheney should resign if he ordered a leak that resulted in the public exposure of an undercover CIA officer. In reponse, Cheney invites Dean to go hunting with him

That's it for today... enjoy your day.