My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Post 688 Hump-Day... and still cold! Well this week's going by kinda slowly.. I think the cold is having something to do with it's speed. Next week will be another short week as I'm taking Monday off. Well, there's a UCONN Mens game tonight, and I also have a pizza party to go to. So.. I'll go to the pizza party for a bit then come home to catch most of the game. Good grief... I hear the new James Bond they picked.... can't drive a stick shift! They ahd to modify his Aston Martin DB5 to make it an automatic, with the stick being a mere prop! GOOD GOD! Is anything sacred anymore???? One of my friends in work (Rich) took me to a new place for lunch yesterday. It's called Five Guys, and it's a hamburger place. Ok, so you say, what's so special about a hamburger place? I could tell this place was different when I walked in the door. There were awards lining the walls from some of the finest ratings systems, including Zagat! The menu is simple, Burgers, Hotdogs or Grilled cheese. Toppings are free and varied, fries are made on site and can be normal or Cajun. Be warned. The burgers are normally double burgers. You have to get the "Little" burger to get a single. I had my bacon burger with onions, tomatoes, pickles, mayo and sauteed mushrooms, as well as an order of Cajun fries. When I took my first bite of this burger, my eyes about popped out of my head. I've never, ever had such a fantastic burger in my whole life, nor am I likely to unless I go back (which I know I will). Both the burger and fries were way above expectations, and the prices are very reasonable. Now I'm hungry just thinking about it.... *LOL* On to the news: Woman pays $2,400 for wedding dress on Ebay, gets nothing in return except email saying, "I just scammed you, sorry for that, it's nothing personal.... It's what I do, and it pays well" Only in Connecticut: Conneticut to implement elephant licensing. Revenues expected to surpass marmoset licensing Best of Jimmy Kimmel's "Unnecessary Censorship" That's it for today.... enjoy your Hump-Day! |