My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Thursday, March 02, 2006
 
Post 689
That Wacky New England Weather….


Walking out the door today, I was greeted by a brightening East horizon, clear sky with not a cloud in sight.
Listening to the radio in the car, I hear that half the state has already announced school closings of half a day. Look down at the ground: Dry. Look up at the sky: Blue. Hmmmm… well, nobody says we’re not prepared.. but to announce half day closures before the first flake has fallen…. wow.
Yeah, we are supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow today, beginning around noon.
(in fairness, since I’ve been in work, it’s clouded up and the sunshine has gone into hiding)

Well, the UCONN Men won last night, and Duke lost.. so next week, barring a major fall against Louisville on Saturday, UCONN should be once again ranked #1 in the country.

Other than that… not much else is going on. Looks like I have a friend that wants me to build his business a website, so that’s going to be a lot of fun, and profitable too!

Here's a funny for you today:

I don't understand.

After the last child was born, she told me we had to cut back on expenses - I had to give up drinking beer. I was not a big drinker, maybe a 12-pack on weekends.

Anyway, I gave it up but I noticed the other day when she came home from grocery shopping. The receipt included $45 in makeup.

I said, "Wait a minute I've given up beer and you haven't given up anything!"

She said, "I buy that makeup for you, so I can look pretty for you."

I told her, "Hell, that's what the beer was for!"

I don't think she'll be back


Now, on to the news:

Karen, is this from a newspaper in your area? LOL
Brothel spokesman thanks American sailors for being so polite when shagging every living thing that moves while on leave

Homeowner: 1, Ninja: 0

Students at "alternative" high school build soybean-oil-powered sports car that goes 0-60 in four seconds (check out the pic)

Anyone else surprised it took this long to see Lindsay Lohans boobs again? Safe for work

Wow....
Hermione loves her some Corona. just like any other high school kid

Pentagon to use "stealth sharks" to patrol seas, no word yet if they're fittetd with frickin laser beams

And that's it for today... enjoy your Thursday!!!