My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Friday, March 03, 2006
 
Post 690
A long weekend again... YAYYYYYYYYY!


Yep, I'm taking Monday off.. so there may not be a blog on Monday.
We ended up getting about 5 inches of snow yesterday... and I can't wait for it to melt away, but it may take all weekend *frown*.

Comments are down... so either I'm boring, or people are busy. Maybe I'll go a week without a BOTD, and see if that scares up any replies.

Maybe my jokes aren't funny! *chuckle*

Well, for something new:

Word of the day:
bellwether
Definition:(noun) One that serves as a leader or as a leading indicator of future trends.
Synonyms:leader
Usage: The degree to which the paper is censored is a political bellwether.

Article of the Day:
The Breakers
The Breakers is a 70-room mansion in Newport, Rhode Island, which was built as the summer home of Cornelius Vanderbilt II. Today, it is Rhode Island's most visited attraction and is open year-round for tours. Why did the mansion's builders avoid using any wood in the construction of the Breakers?

This Day in History
Bulgaria Regains Independence from Ottoman Empire (1878)
After the disastrous April Uprising of 1876, the Conference of Constantinople formed to solve the "Bulgarian Question." When the Ottomans rejected Russia's proposal for a Bulgarian state, Russia declared war on the Ottomans and defeated them with help from the Romanian army and a small contingent of Bulgarian exiles. The subsequent Treaty of Berlin created the Principality of Bulgaria. Soon after, the Bulgarians wrote an advanced democratic constitution.

Today's Birthday
Alexander Graham Bell (1847)
Bell was an important scientist and inventor known for patenting the "speaking telephone" in 1876. He founded the Bell Telephone Company, which came to serve as a model for the emerging telecommunications industry. In addition, he was responsible for important advances in aviation and hydrofoil technology.

And now, for the news:

A great example of what NOT to put in your resume

The worlds only Brokeback Mountain Pez Dispensers! (this is hilarious)

Oh this is so weird... you have to read it:
In case there is any confusion, a four-year old boy touching your breasts is not seducing you

Good news for us Aaron!
New research shows your beer gut may just help protect you during a car accident

Now this is interesting:
News: NBA star's wife lets him celebrate once a year. Did I mention, I meant in bed with another woman

"Big breasts and hard nipples won't make you happy" WHAT! Oh, you meant won't make the WOMEN happy.. ok.

And one Aaron and I had fun laughing at yesterday:
Sushi Etiquette!

That's it for today.... enjoy your weekend!