My Life (nobody else would want it!)

Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children.

My Profile


Map of Countries I've Visited


Other blogs that I write:

The Wine Spot

WhineSpot (co-hosted)


Other Blogs that I read:

My Life (by Karen)

Carrie's Blog

A Nichol's Worth (Patti)

Points to Ponder

My Life in Paradise
(Curt's Blog)


poopee shmoopee's blog

BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog)

LQ's Blog, Moo Alex

Simon of Space

Mark's Regular Life

Trucker Bob's Blog



My Current Weather

Click for Bristol, Connecticut Forecast



My favorite saying:

Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied






This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Visitors:
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
 
Post 691
Where do I begin.....?


What a weekend.
First, on Friday afternoon, at about 1:30, my son calls and tells me he's been in an accident. A pretty good one so it seems. He's ok, though the driver of the other vehicle asked to be taken to the hospital to be checked out. Seems someone pulled out in front of him way too close, and he hit them. So he gets the ticket for following too closely, instead of the other person for pulling out in traffic. We had the car towed to a body shop where I picked my son up. The front of his car is pretty well smashed up, but luckily, nothing into the engine.
We went home, and started the "call the insurance company" process. (it's still going on)
Saturday, I got a call about 1pm from my friend Dave, asking me if I wanted to go see the Big East Womens' basketball tournament as he had a couple of tickets, so I said yes. We had a great time, and saw a lot of the UCONN women's team in the crowd, watching to see who they were going to play on Sunday. One of them, Mel Thomas, was seated 3 rows in front of us, and when she got up to leave, we got up and talked to her, and even got our pictures taken with her (Dave had his camera with him).
Sunday, I went to see mom as usual. It was a usual Sunday.
Yesterday, I took the day off because we had scheduled a furnace cleaning (almost a year in advance), and I was waiting for a DVD burner I ordered to come in.
I was awakened at about 8:30am by the phone. The owner of the body shop called to say my son's car was broken into over the weekend *groan*. So, we went down and found that what was stolen was my son's guitar, and the big sub-woofer speaker in the trunk (factory installed).
Back home, I waited and waited till at 3pm, I called the furnace people who said the guy would be here soon, we were his next call.
4pm, my DVD drive comes in and I install it, and it works great.
6pm, we call back, guy is still at last stop, but will be here soon.
8pm, I call and REAM them for not calling me, and the guy not being here. We had to reschedule to Wednesday, as he was working on a major problem. I'm not mad about that, only that they never called.

So..... that's just a touch about how my weekend went.

On to the news:

Teenage asshats destroy world's finest collection of 60 vintage Jaguar cars by breaking into the warehouse where they were stored and playing demolition derby with them

Man is deeply offended by bikini-wearing rubber chicken in pet store's window. "He asks how he is supposed to walk his children by our store and explain to them why there are naked chickens in the window"

Ok, this is just way too weird
Invest in your breasts: Credit card company offers free boob job with every sign-up

Lifestyles of the Just Plain Unfair: List of the most expensive privately-owned islands in the world, with pics

Having solved all of the state's other problems, Connecticut lawmakers debate the official state cookie

That's it for today... enjoy your day!