My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Monday, March 13, 2006
Post 695 And the Madness Begins! Well, the NCAA Tournament Selections happened last night, and UCONN is a #1 seed in the Washington area, meaning their first 2 games are in Philadelphia. Their first round game is against the America East Champions, Albany College. Honestly, they shouldn't even come close to beating UCONN. This is their first time in the NCAA Tournament, and they have 10 losses this year. Here's a look at the Mens Brackets. The women's brackets will be announced tonight. It was a quiet weekend... nothing much happened. I watched some basketball.. worked on my friend's website... not much else. It was so beautiful on Saturday (in hte 60's), that my daughter and I went and took a short ride in the Vette. *S* Other than that, not much else new. Here's a good Monday Morning Funny for you (especially Curt and Bubba): FAKE OKIES Bubba Wayne and Billy Bob, who are both from Denton,Texas, traveled to Grand Lake, Oklahoma for a vacation. While walking along a busy downtown street, they see a sign in a store window which reads, "Suits $5.00 each, Shirts $2.00 each and trousers $2.50 a pair." Bubba Wayne says,"Woo Hoo, Billy Bob! We could buy a whole gob of these clothes, take 'em back to Denton, sell 'em to all our friends and make a fortune fer us." Bubba Wayne continues, "Now when we go in there, don't you say a word, okay? Just let me do the talkin' 'cause if they hear your Texas accent, they might think we're ignorant, and they won't wanna sell them clothes to us. Now, I'll talk in a slow, fake Oklahoma drawl so's they won't know." They go in and Bubba Wayne says with his best fake Oklahoma drawl, "I'll take 50 of them thar suits at $5.00 each, 100 of them thar shirts at $2.00 each, and 50 pairs of them thar trousers at $2.50 each. I'll just back up my pickup and......" The owner of the shop interrupts, "Ya'll from Texas, ain'cha? "Well....yeah," says a surprised Bubba Wayne. "How come'd you know that?" The owner replies, "Cause this here's a dry-cleaners." On to the news: Do you have fish? Want to teach them tricks? Porn star Mary Carey invited to White House dinner with President Bush as somewhere, Bill Clinton loses his mind Investigators claim Bigfoot footprint belongs to a Bigfoot that moved there sometime during the '70s One metre crayfish found in Tasmania. For you American folks that's about 3 feet, or a whole mess 'o gumbo That's it for today, have a great Monday! |