My Life (nobody else would want it!) |
|
|
Idle thoughts in the life of an IT Professional that's married with children. My Profile Map of Countries I've Visited Other blogs that I write: The Wine Spot WhineSpot (co-hosted) Other Blogs that I read: My Life (by Karen) Carrie's Blog A Nichol's Worth (Patti) Points to Ponder My Life in Paradise (Curt's Blog) poopee shmoopee's blog BostonBlueEyes (Colin's blog) LQ's Blog, Moo Alex Simon of Space Mark's Regular Life Trucker Bob's Blog Shared pain is lessened Shared joy is multiplied
Archives
Visitors:
|
Friday, March 31, 2006
Post 708 Finally... it's Friday! Well it's been an up and down week, but it's finally almost over. Last night, I went to see a friend (John) that I haven't seen in 5 years. When I left my last job, we lost touch even though we were great friends, as he had gotten an unlisted phone # because of problems at home and I just had never gotten it from him. He finally got in touch with me a few weeks ago, and we decided to hook up last night. He goes every few Thursdays to the Elks club in a town next to mine, to play some Texas Hold-Em. It's $10 to get in, and the winner based on how many people show up, gets upwards of $1000. Last night, there were about 150 people there, and the action was fast and furious. I lasted about an hour and a half before losing it all. It was fun, but not as fun as playing cards with a bunch of friends (we were at different tables). When we did get a chance to speak, it seems he's had an incredibly rough time since I last saw him, with some personal and family problems, but that's all turning around, and I've never seen him happier. Through all the discussions of his ups and downs, he has an inner strength like nobody I know. He had gotten through some major crises in his life, and wasn't afraid to talk about them, nor tell me how great things are turning out now. Listening to some of the things he's gone through, it kinda struck me.. and on the drive home, even more so. Sometimes I don't realize just how incredibly lucky I really am. My troubles seemed small and trivial when I thought of my friend. It was kind of a wake up call to me. Some things have happened in my life recently, and now I believe they're for a reason. The times... they are a changing..... On to the news: Your wife has shut you down in the bedroom -- do you: A) Ask her more nicely? B) Surprise her in the shower? Or C) start a blog about it and alert the local media? (With video) Ok, this one even had me confused Vienna launches "driving license for dogs." Your dog gets dizzy chasing his bumper Mother buys DVD player from Wal-Mart, unaware it's pre-loaded with hardcore porn. Says her 13-year-old daughter: "It's very gross. I saw body parts I've never seen before" Tori Spelling has a new show and boobs to go with it And now, My BOTD! There's always Always room for one more! Have a great weekend all...! |